IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, PLEASE CALL OUR FLOOD MANAGER ON 01225 292209
*We currently provide a responsive service within the Bristol, Bath, Cardiff, Cheltenham, Chippenham, Frome, Gloucester, Oxford & Swindon areas.
Our flood related service areas include:
Bristol, Bath, Cardiff, Cheltenham, Chippenham, Frome, Gloucester, Oxford & Swindon
Initial Response & Survey
- Upon visiting your property, we will conduct a risk assessment & survey to ensure that you are as safe as possible & any potential hazards are identified. This will also inform our report to your insurance company. Anything that can be done immediately to reduce any potential for further damage will be initiated at this point.
- We will then share our findings with you & ensure you understand the proposed work.
- At this point, we will outline a clear plan & obtain your consent to continue. We are able to liase with your insurance company’s loss adjustor if required.
- Using moisture sensor instruments, specialist cameras & physical surveying methods our technicians will then inspect all areas to detect the extent to which water has spread. This is key to creating a drying plan.
After the drying plan has been agreed, we will then:
Our Water Recovery Method
1. High Volume Extraction – recover as much waste water as possible from floors, cavities, carpets etc. using our industrial extraction machines.
N.B. If water is contaminated, this will involve likely evacuation of your property & appropriate protective measures put into place to ensure contamination risks are contained.
2. Removal/ assessment of furnishings. Property & furnishings undamaged will be removed from the affected areas. Soft furnishings that are damp can either be treated in situ or removed for treatment.
3. Application of anti-microbial to mitigate any potential for bacterial onset (very likely in the increased humidity environment).
4. Rinse & recover waste water from the carpet a second time to ensure any contamination is thoroughly removed.
From this point onwards, the procedure will vary depending on the particular circumstances of the job.
This is an approved, thorough procedure that is designed to rapidly secure a positive outcome for your soft furnishings and avoid the often unnecessary step of replacing your carpets.
If you’ve recently been flooded & would like to find out if we can help, please get in touch for a no-obligation discussion with one of our technicians.
Contact Us Today
Read all about it! Hear about our latest news by clicking the links below…
A slow escape of water from an adjoining bathroom had caused black mould beneath the bath, as well as brown water damage to the carpet. We were asked to attend this apartment near the waterfront in Portishead last week in order to put things right. Although we wouldn’t classify this as a flood, it serves […]
A flood in your home can be devastating, and is certainly something you want to get addressed as soon as possible. Prior to Christmas, Pete was called to this domestic property in Cinderford to address an escape of clean water in a living room that had soaked the carpets. After an initial survey to assess […]
This weekend, our team attended a Category 2 escape of water at a music college in the Stokes Croft part of Bristol. Category 2 indicates the level of contamination in the water. In this case, the grey flood water had overflowed from the communal toilet area. Because we were able to attend within 48 hours […]
A few week’s ago, we were called out to a cottage alongside the River Wye in Chepstow. A pipe fitting beneath the upstairs bath had failed, eventually causing the living room ceiling to collapse. The initial mess of ruined plasterboard had already been cleared by the owner, so our role was to assess the situation […]
Our team spent several hours last week carrying out surveys & removing drying equipment from a large flood that had affected two adjoining properties in Clifton, Bristol. The escape of water had originated from the pipework of washing machine on the second floor of a 6 bedroom student property & had cascaded down & flooded […]
When a flood occurs, it is preferable to deal with it fast. Water tends to move quickly and is capable of moving in unexpected directions, so a rapid response is preferable to prevent as much damage as possible. A few weeks back, Green Man were called out to deal with a Cat 2 escape of […]
Yesterday, we were called out to investigate a flood in a basement bedroom. A rapid response is vital in flood restoration work, so we attended the property within three hours of the initial call. Unfortunately, the owner had called another company 4 days ago! Needless to say, this company had not turned up. Unfortunately, this contributed […]